26 December 2014

Run Log (October 2014)


04 October 2014, Saturday.

Rainy days lately.

Decided to reset the Nike+ calibration so I hit the gym. Good thing too since it started drizzling again as soon as I stepped out of the door.

Ah, running on treadmill, something that I do not miss. It's just different to running on the road, a difference not so nice.

Did it anyway, for calibration, and for not getting wet. From my records, I should be able to do 8km/h comfortably, so that's the speed I started with.

Only somehow I am not. >_<

It's as if all those outdoor run data are invalid when it comes to running on treadmill. After about 1.5km I had to switch to 7.5km/h, and then reduced it again to 7km/h before I gave up huffing and puffing at a mere 2.5km.

Something didn't feel right. Think I will just do the calibration on the road. After all, I am not sure if the treadmill is calibrated.

So, 2.5km in 20 minutes, ended weak.

-----

12 October 2014, Sunday.

Hazy days that even the rain couldn't improve, plus a few late working hours totally ruined my resolution of running more frequently in October.

An evening rain turned me back after I was about to start running yesterday. So I decided to run this morning, rain or shine, haze or clear. I invited wifey too.

Those who know me well will know that I really mean business when I am sacrificing my weekend sleep in.

Determined to get the distance regardless of speed today, wanted my run to be more than 5km from now onwards so took the Straits Quay route starting and ending at guard house.

Not really in shape and with wifey tagging along, I ran at a slower than recent usual pace. Managed to achieve what I set out to do and ended strong so I am happy about it.

The random number generator known as Nike+ said I ran slightly more than 9km, if only it's true... I used the known distance 6.23km from last year instead. Took us 48 minutes.

This is definitely a sustainable pace for me, albeit slower than I preferred. Would really like to be able to complete the 10km, come bridge run, in less time than I did last year.

Still have time to train myself.

-----

19 October 2014, Sunday.

Honestly, I really wanted to run during weekdays, after work, given the marathon is next month. But a combination of late working hours and rainy evenings has spoilt my plan.

And I was actually disappointed that it rained again yesterday evening. So I did something I am not proud of, something that is ruining my slacker extraordinaire reputation.

I woke up early on a Sunday to go running. Da horror! >_<

I know I know, sleeping in is the bare minimum show of respect for weekends, I am totally ashamed of myself... =P

On the plus side wifey was running with me again today. ^_^

Anyway, did the Straits Quay route, which had more than usual runners today, apparently there was some kind of event. At least that's what I thought since there was a gathering of runners at Straits Quay.

Nike+, after several calibrations, seemed to behave better today, it says we ran 6.37km in 46 minutes, believable. Ended okay.

-----

27 October 2014, Monday.

When I asked wifey whether she wanted to go running yesterday morning, she asked whether I wanted to go for roti canai instead, needless to say I chosed fat over fit. =P

It's a replacement holiday today so I went running this morning, without inviting wifey. =P

The usual Straits Quay route, ran faster by myself compared to the previous two runs. Did 6.27km in 44 minutes. Ended okay.

-----





No comments: