09 June 2013

Run Log (May 2013)


18 May 2013, Saturday.

First time in a gym to actually exercise instead of a casual visit or fool around.

First time on a treadmill. Good job caveman, for figuring out how to operate it. =P

About 47 minutes on the threadmill at 3km/h (which wifey said wasn't running -_- ), at least 30 minutes of which was non-stop running.

Actually felt quite proud of myself for that 30 minutes until wifey said that wasn't running... =(

Hey! Just my very first attempt at running ler...

-----

21 May 2013, Tuesday.

Both treadmills occupied, so I hit the road.

So coincident that earlier in the day a friend told me running on actual road is tougher than on treadmill.

Haven't a clue what snail speed I was doing but I barely made it from one end of Gurney Drive to the other. One way.

I walked for about three minutes on the return trip then ran the remaining at an even slower pace. Good thing my wifey wasn't there to comment... =P

Looked up Google map, it's about 1.7km single way, so I gotta do it six times in 1.5 hours.

That's the target. Hope I don't kill myself in six months.

Aside: saw a lady sitting outside the gate texting and sobbing on my way home, felt like showing care and concern but I ended up walking passed without doing anything.

I... I... felt kind of bad, *sigh*. =(

The world needs more love and more courageous people in shinning armour.

-----

24 May 2013, Friday.

36 minutes on the treadmill, 3 minutes to warm up, 3 minutes to warm down, and 30 minutes non-stop running at 4km/h in between.

Stamina first before speed, so I should go for longer run first.

-----

26 May 2013, Sunday.

53 minutes on the threadmill, 5 minutes to warm up, 3 minutes to warm down, and 45 minutes non-stop running at 5km/h in between.

Woot, 5km/h and 45 minutes, double increases!

-----

28 May 2013, Tuesday.

53 minutes on the treadmill, 5 minutes to warm up, 3 minutes to warm down, and 45 minutes non-stop running at 5km/h in between.

Alrighty, seems like I can do 45 minutes non-stop at 5km/h quite comfortably.

-----

30 May 2013, Thursday.

Initially wanted to go outdoor, running around the workplace, but it rained.

So ended up in the gym, and found out that being able to run 45 minutes non-stop at 5km/h doesn't mean I can run 28 minutes non-stop at 8km/h, heh.

20 minutes on the treadmill, 3 minutes to warm up and 2 minutes to warm down. 10 minutes non-stop running at 8km/h, then punctured so went down to 5 minutes non-stop running at 7km/h before I called it a day.

Lesson learned, stick to the progressive increment plan, silly old fart! =P

-----

31 May 2013, Friday.

60 minutes non-stop on the treadmill at 5km/h, with the usual warm up and warm down prior and after.

Woohoo! First one hour running non-stop milestone. ^_^


No comments: