11 August 2013

Run Log (July 2013)


02 July 2013, Tuesday.

Outdoor, 3.58km around the workplace in 26 minutes.

Running too fast for my current capability, so couldn't achieve my target of two laps, 5km.

Oh well.

-----

04 July 2013, Thursday.

Outdoor, 3.57km around the workplace in 28 minutes.

Again failed to run at least 5km, i.e. two laps, and to think that my target this week is to get to three laps.

It's like I am getting worse the more I run. *Sigh*

-----

06 July 2013, Saturday.

Went running along Gurney Drive.

Only managed 3.82km in 31 minutes.

So much for my initial plan of hitting 5km today.

Good grief, the whole week I didn't manage to do a 5km run! >_<

-----

07 July 2013, Sunday.

Finally, a 'feel good' run after so many consecutive 'bad' runs.

Was a bit apprehensive when I hit the gym today since last I was in there, I had that 'almost going to cramp' bad experience.

But it went well today on the treadmill, did 8km running non-stop at 6.3km/h, took about 1:16 hours.

Hit another milestone on my training plan, and this was the longest run for me so far.

Onwards to the next milestone: 1 hour at 6.5km/h. Bring it on!

-----

12 July 2013, Friday.

Sprained my left ankle during Monday's badminton session, had to skip Tuesday and Thursday running.

The good news is the ankle is back to normal today, the bad news is my lower back is hurting.

One thing after another, bollocks! >_<

I hit the treadmill anyway.

And suffered. 3.52km in 34 minutes, struggled all the way.

Started with 6.5km/h, after 1km I had to walk at 5km/h for about 700m before the "left calf's going to cramp" feeling went away and I resumed running at 6.5km/h.

Another craptastic run. =(

-----

13 July 2013, Saturday.

5.1km on the treadmill, running non-stop at 6.3km/h.

A so so run.

-----

16 July 2013, Tuesday.

Drizzling at ulu place during after work hours, so I came home instead of running around the workplace.

It wasn't raining here on the island so I ditched the initial plan of going to the gym and hit the road instead.

After three weeks being unable to break that 6.5km/h wall, i.e. can't run nonstop on the treadmill at 6.5km/h for more than an hour, I have to rethink my strategy.

Instead of running like the pro, nonstop all the way, I may have to employ the sprint-walk-sprint-walk technique.

Okay sprint is really exaggerating for my case, I meant run faster than my current turtle speed then brisk walk to recover, then run again, repeat.

Tried that today. Managed 4.49km in 28 minutes, with one brisk walk between two runs.

The average speed was definitely faster than my usual turtle speed, let's see if I can complete 10km in this style.

-----

18 July 2013, Thursday.

Two laps around the workplace, by employing the run-walk-run-walk technique.

4.9km in 36 minutes. Guess the Nike+ app was slightly off today, each lap should be slightly more than 2.5km, oh well.

As an amusing aside, marathon lady was almost going to overtake me nearing the end of my second lap, I guess 10m more she would have. Don't know when she started her run, probably when I was almost done my first lap since she is so very fast.

-----

24 July 2013, Wednesday.

Ran along Gurney Drive, just managed one lap to and fro.

3.88km in 28 minutes, with a brisk walk in between two runs.

Average speed worked out to be around 8.3km/h. If I can maintain this for 10km then I will definitely finish in the time limit.

Gotta build up the stamina.

As an aside, first time seeing all my friends on Nike+ list, granted I only have 5 friends on Nike+ but still...

-----

26 July 2013, Friday.

One lap to and fro along Gurney Drive.

Ran-walked-ran for 26 minutes. Not sure of exact distance covered since the GPS went bonkers.

According to the GPS I ran into the ocean and back and I covered one kilometer in 3:19 minutes, that's like 18km/h. Woot! Flash!

Felt worse than Wednesday's run, meh!

-----

30 July 2013, Tuesday.

On business trip for a training course that lasts one week. Brought my running gears along.

Hit the hotel gym while waiting for dinner time and ran 3.6km in 29 minutes.

-----

31 July 2013, Wednesday.

Too many good meals, so full after the dinner these few days.

Hit the hotel's treadmill late at night and ran until near to its closing time.

5.08km in 43 minutes, a brisk walk in between two runs.

-----




  

No comments: