06 July 2013

Run Log (June 2013)


In this series: |May 2013|

-----

02 June 2013, Sunday.

65 minutes non-stop on the treadmill at 5km/h.

A colleague commented that 5 km/h is not running. Geez, thanks for the encouragement... -_-

-----

04 June 2013, Tuesday.

Tired of being considered 'not running' at 5km/h, I tried to do 6km/h today on the treadmill.

Bad idea.

After 1km at 6km/h I had to slowed to 5km/h for a while and then did the remaining distance to 5km at 5.5km/h.

Took 54 minutes for the 5km.

Might have to revise my training plan, seems like I can't do 1km/h increment.

-----

07 June 2013, Friday.

Tricked myself in a 0.1km/h increase and pretended it was just the same as previous run.

=P

64 minutes non-stop on the treadmill at 5.6km/h to get the 6km distance.

Another milestone reached: 6km. Go Go myself!

-----

09 June 2013, Sunday.

62 minutes non-stop on the treadmill at 5.8km/h.

Will probably stay at this speed for a few more runs since didn't end up as comfortable as previous speed.

-----

12 June 2013, Wednesday.

Not in the form today, only managed 35 minutes non-stop on the treadmill at 6km/h.

-----

13 June 2013, Thursday.

The sky was full of dark clouds but we decided to hit the road anyway.

"We will run in the rain if it happens!"

That's what I told my colleague, so I gotta sticked to it, bo huat. =P

It didn't rain by the time we finished, which didn't take all that long really.

Didn't take long because I felt like dying after just one lap around the workplace, and my colleague also punctured after 1.25 rounds, hehe.

Ya, we suck. Big time. =P

I belatedly realised I have been running too fast, when I checked the Nike+ app after the run, I was doing about 8.8km/h. I am only up to about 6km/h so far, no wonder I kaput after just 2.5km. >_<

Next week, weather permitting, I will aim for 2 laps, but at my usual turtle speed. =P

-----

15 June 2013, Saturday.

75 minutes non-stop at 6km/h on the treadmill, covered 7.5km.

My longest and furthest run so far. Slightly ahead of my training plan.

It seems like I only 'settled in' after about 2km, where any discomfort in the muscles just goes away. After that it becomes a mental battle to not feel bored, an exercise in distracting myself while the legs just continue moving.

-----

18 June 2013, Tuesday.

5km around the workplace, at around 6.5km/h.

I am not sure of the exact time it took me to make two laps since Nike+ app didn't capture the full run because it paused when there were calls. I didn't realise it was paused until about 0.75km after the first call, when I belatedly wonder why that kilometer was so extra long? =P (I set the app to announce my progress every kilometer)

On the second call I managed to resume it pretty soon so probably didn't lose much data there. (Oi! Stop calling me when I am already in the danger of dying out of breath ler...)

I already unchecked the 'pause run for calls' option though, I guess that doesn't work. Oh well.

Quite glad I can complete 5km outdoor really, even though a lady and two guys speeded pass me during the run.

Me and my turtle speed, hehe. =P

-----

20 June 2013, Thursday.

4.13km around the workplace, according to the Nike+ app.

Took me 27 minutes so that worked out to be around 9.1km/h average. Don't know why I was going so fast but the consequence was I couldn't finish two laps.

I am really disappointed. Really.

I did two laps on Tueday, so I know I could do it, if I didn't run so fast. My aim was to do two laps again today and next week will go for three laps. Guess I should stick with two laps for anohter week then only think of going three laps.

*Sigh*

Not happy with myself, why can't I control my speed when not on a treadmill? =(

-----

22 June 2013, Saturday.

6.3km/h non-stop on the treadmill for an hour.

Struggled. =(

-----

26 June 2013, Wednesday.

Didn't go run yesterday, which was my usual routine due to sciatic nerve injury.

Don't know how it happened, the sharp pain woke me up in the middle of the night and for a while there was just agony whichever posture or position I tried, until I painfully stood up.

Anyway, badminton session today cancelled due to lack of players, so I hit the treadmill.

Did 2km at 6.5km/h then had to slow down to 6.3km/h for the remaining 3.3km.

Wanted to run for at least one hour but wasn't in the form, ended the run after 50 minutes.

-----

27 June 2013, Thursday.

6.26km around the workplace, took me 55 minutes. That worked out to be around 6.8km/h.

Actually felt quite good today, felt that I could have completed the third lap but decided not to push myself today since I ran yesterday. So I stopped at the other entrance and ended the run.

Thought I was running slower than 6.8km/h though, hmm...

-----

29 June 2013, Saturday.

Only managed 30 minutes today, and only a pathetic 3km. Was walking more than running really.

Front muscle of left lower leg and calf muscle of right leg felt like going to cramp throughout the run. Don't know why, I did my usual warm up and walk before starting the run.

Craptastic run. =(


No comments: