25 July 2013

Hazy dazy


Lately I prefer running outdoor to treadmill in the gym. Never did like to be in the gym in the first place, working out in the mist of strangers is not my thing. I am borderline antisocial after all.

Also favouring outdoor because it feels better running on the road as well as I like to be able to vary my speed on the go, since I was trying out the run-walk-run-walk technique. Difficult to get the speed just right on the treadmill.

Supposed to be running today. Thursday is usually running outdoor around the workplace.

But this morning I couldn't see Butterworth from the balcony, and when I was on the upward slope midspan of Penang Bridge, I couldn't see the familiar pillars.

The visibility was that bad. It was downright horrifying knowing it's not mist but haze from all the burning our neighbour country was doing.

Just thinking of the amount of dust or smoke particles that would be inhaled if I ran in that condition gives me the creep.

Urgh. Just urgh.

Seemed to be better by the end of the work day, but I didn't bring my running shoes, and by the time I got home it's already rather late.

Oh well. Hopefully tomorrow will be less hazy.



In this series: |May 2013| |June 2013| |Duracell bunny, not|


No comments: