06 September 2014

Run Log (August 2014)


08 August 2014, Saturday.

Some days you simply know you are not in the form. Today was one of those days but I had to drag my lazy arse out to run anyway, for I have not been training enough.

Did the Straits Quay route with minor variation to avoid some on street Raya celebration.

Stopped to let vehicles passed at a junction and I just stopped running as well. Only did 3.05km, took me 25 minutes. A slow run, ended okay.

-----

19 August 2014, Tuesday.

Straits Quay route, from apartment onwards instead of walking to Island Plaza before start running. Same on the return trip. This was the route I started off with last year, but Nike+ cheated me off 0.5km this time.

According to Nike+, I ran 5.84km in 43 minutes. It should be around 6.3km but oh well.

Ended okay so I am happy, as this is the first time I broke the 5km mark since the beginning of my not-so-consistent training.

Guess frustration and anger do help. Frustration from work and anger from a naughty son.

-----

24 August 2014, Sunday.

Had family lunch out today instead of the usual dinner so I went running in the evening. Felt a bit guilty for not running yesterday when it was just a very minor drizzling.

The usual Straits Quay route, today Nike+ said it's 5.94km, 100m more than Tuesday. Meh, I can live with that.

Did that in 43 minutes and ended okay.

As an aside, I went to Botanical Garden intended to pick up the PBIM shirt and bib today since I was one of the early birds. Arrived around 12:40 hours only to be told that it's already over.

Curses! I checked my screenshot of collection time when I registered in March and it says from 11am to 9pm, they must have changed that and never bothered to inform those of us who don't go check their website.

Bollocks.

-----

28 August 2014, Thursday.

Nike+ is really pulling my leg. The exact same route I ran last year was 6.28km, early this month it became 5.94km, last Sunday it became 5.84km, and today it became 5.43km.

Seriously, a difference of 100m to 200m is still logical but this is getting ridiculous! I mean, come on, how can the same route be almost 1km shorter now compared to a year ago?

>_<

Meh! Anyway, according to Nike+, I ran 5.43km in 40 minutes today. Ended okay.

-----





No comments: