03 August 2014

Run Log (June & July 2014)


21 June 2014, Saturday.

Slightly more than a month later than I initially planned, but I finally got my lazy arse out and started my training again for this year's Penang Bridge International Marathon. slacker point +1

Given the last run in December, I went out thinking I would kaput after 2km, and was pleasantly surprised I managed 4.03km nonstop in 32 minutes.

Did a variation of the Straits Quay route, basically I skipped the main road part and only ran from Island Plaza onwards, towards Straits Quay, turned back at Tesco, and stopped at Island Plaza.

Have to rebuild my endurance first, then maybe I will think about improving my speed. =)

-----

29 June 2014, Sunday.

Initially planned to run at least once in the weekday, but the haze situation was horrible so that didn't happen.

Had to drop my running plan yesterday as wifey suddenly decided to eat out, oh well.

So I went running today instead, it has been gloomy the whole day with occasional rain, and of course it had to rain rather heavily while I was running. Bummer.

At least it didn't last long so I wasn't too wet.

Did the Straits Quay route, not sure if Nike+ went bonkers last week or this week, there seemed to be a variation of about 500m between last run and this.

Meh, it says I ran 4.52km in 33 minutes. Ended not as strong as I like, but not too bad either.

-----

15 July 2014, Tuesday.

Didn't run for two weeks since the last run, like to blame the haze but it's probably because of laziness. =P

Did the Straits Quay route today, stopped after 3.58km, took me 26 minutes to run that distance.

Didn't really have a distance planned but thought I could at least do 4km. Ended weak today, really need to be more disciplined about this.

On a somewhat related note, it's worrying that I no longer have a waist but the beginning of a spare tyre, the abdominal muscles have decided to show their unity. All for one and one for all!

>_<

-----

26 July 2014, Saturday.

Haze situation has been really bad. The heavy downpour yesterday night cleared it off somewhat, while still not the clean and clear air, it's a lot better comparing to the last two weeks.

So I when running, the Straits Quay's route.

Went out with the intention to disregard speed today and to only focus on distance. In fact, instead of my usual counting steps mantra, I repeated "get the distance" over and over today.

But I only did 4.29km, and that took me 29 minutes according to Nike+. I am not sure if Nike+ app was working correctly, or perhaps it was the GPS, I seriously don't think I ran that fast.

Ended okay, but lost the determination to run more after one lap. Oh well.

-----



No comments: