06 October 2013

Run Log (September 2013)


01 September 2013, Sunday.

First ever outdoor night run, on a new route, and it rained.

Bollocks.

Ran along the main road towards Batu Ferringhi, followed the Straits Quay curve at Island Plaza, turned back at Tesco. There's a part at the Straits Quay curve that's dark, so perhaps a night run along that route is not so safe.

GPS went bonkers between Straits Quay and Tesco so I am not sure about the exact distance. Nike+ reported 6.9km but I doubt it, I adjusted it to 6.3km, still it's just an estimate from the Nike+ map.

Took me 42 minutes, I think I ran faster than usual, the rain made me so. =P Will probably run on the same route again some other day to verify the distance.

Anyway, a good run, ended strong.

-----

06 September 2013, Friday.

Consecutive days of evening rain has ruined my running plan this week.

I gave up on Tuesday and Wednesday because it was raining by the time I finished work, however I was changed and readied to run yesterday but as soon as I stepped outdoor it rained.

It's also raining when I got home, and the gym was full. Bollocks.

Anyway, on leave today to babysit the kids while wifey went for her dental appointment in the afternoon. Sacrificed sleep and went running with wifey in the morning, knowing the weather's going to turn lousy in the evening.

Ran the same route as Sunday, this time the GPS behaved itself and Nike+ showed a distance of 6.28km. Woot! My estimatation on Sunday was pretty close. ^_^

Covered the distance running nonstop in 46 minutes.

Good run, ended strong.

-----

10 September 2013, Tuesday.

It was raining after work, so I gave up the idea of running around the workplace and headed home instead.

The rain has stopped when I got home so I decided to hit the road. Sun has set so it was a night run.

Did a variation of the Straits Quay route, which gave me a 6.45km distance. Completed that in 44 minutes running nonstop.

Good run, ended strong but I stepped in many puddles on the way, it's dark at many parts of the route. =\

-----

12 September 2013, Thursday.

Glad I didn't give up when I felt the slight drizzle as I walked to my car after work today.

I was already changed for running and decided what the heck, it's not a heavy rain, so I ran.

Well, the rain stopped, which is good, but I was not in a good form today. Wanted to do three laps but by the end of the second lap I was already struggling.

So I stopped after running nonstop for 5km, took me 35 minutes. But my left lower leg is in pain now, could be from badminton yesterday.

Maybe I should skip the weekend run to let the body recover, as today's run ended weak. =(

-----

16 September 2013, Monday.

Malaysia Day, no work. Since I didn't run in the weekend, I went running today.

Straits Quay route. 6.12km nonstop in 44 minutes. Struggled from 4km onwards.

-----

19 September 2013, Thursday.

Two laps around the workplace after work with Chin. 5km nonstop in 35 minutes.

Still can't do three laps, and September is almost over, dammit.

As a side note, it puzzled us to not be overtaken by the pros today. The pros started at most one kilometer after us, they should have overtaken us within the 5km distance. But we ended our run without anyone overtaking us, strange.

-----

22 September 2013, Sunday.

Farewell Run™ for Mr Pork Leg this morning. I know I know, totally ruining my slacker extraordinaire reputation to wake up early on a weekend but hey, I did it for friendship and the breakfast after the run.

Turn out was good, nine people, we ran along Gurney. There was a pro among us and to my absolute dismay the crowd was following his pace, even the friend who had a knee operation was running at that pace.

Bollocks.

To not fall behind too much I was running at faster than usual pace, still bringing the rear mind you.

Wanted to do two laps for more than 6km distance, but ended up with just 5.07km in 33 minutes. As soon as we passed tha 5km mark the other friend still running (many stopped after the first lap, understandably at that pro's pace) asked why we were still running?

I was happy to oblige. Then we went and gorged ourselves. =P

Anyway, not a satisfactory run as I could have run further at my normal pace, but oh well, it's a Farewell Run™, I followed the crowd.

-----

24 September 2013, Tuesday.

Ran around workplace after work, 5.18km nonstop in 35 minutes.

Still couldn't do three laps, and struggled towards the end of the second lap, meh!

Doesn't bode well for my plan of hitting 7.5km in September. =(

On a side note, marathon lady overtook me on the 3km mark and proceeded to leave me far behind, probably like 500m ahead of me when I ended my run. So all is back to normal and well again, heh. =P

-----

26 September 2013, Thursday.

Night run, Straits Quay route.

Was going slow and strong, trying to break 7.5km today, but two things foiled the plan: it started raining after 3km, and stomach discomfort set in.

So I cut short the route and headed home. GPS went bonkers around 4km mark, I estimated the distance to be around 5.5km, will probably run the same route again to verify.

Took me 40 minutes. 8.3km/h seems to be a comfortable speed for me, ended the run strong, just with a dire need to hit the toilet. -_-

-----





No comments: