20 October 2013

Tasty left hand


Little monsters turned up their volume to wake the neighbourhood after they woke up, nothing uncommon there but I was more annoyed than usual this morning because I have been feeling strangely fatigue these few days.

When can they learn to speak instead of shout to communicate?

Eventually they left the house to go to a birthday party and so peace and quiet returned to the neighbourhood.

And I drifted off back to sleep.

And I dreamt.

I can remember the last dream before I woke again, I wonder what it meant, if anything. Let's talk about the dream.

It's after school or after work, I was walking to retrieve my car when I bumped into some high school friends.

Three of them. We used to be close but in the dream they seemed rather distanced. Not much words were exchanged after a brief greeting. They were in their sports attire and were hurrying somewhere.

I remember feeling strange since they were not really the exercise type. Anyway I followed them, thinking maybe I could join them.

Like in most dreams the venue or scene simply change from one place to another, I remember an indoor court initially, vaguely resembling the good old badminton court in St John Ambulance headquarters but all of the sudden I was following them outdoor, walking on a big field, vaguely similar to my primary school field, only it seemed to extend to larger scale.

I asked them where they were heading and what kind of sports they were going to do. They ignored me mostly and just walked on. I had a feeling they didn't want me to be with them.

Somehow I followed them still, never quite catch up with them, always lagging behind. Like I was walking in a tired pace but tried as I might I couldn't speed up.

Eventually we came to a basketball court and there were other people. The three friends joined the rest and it seemed to be a match or something.

Having no interest in basketball and I think perhaps finally 'got it' that I wasn't welcomed, I bid them goodbye and left. I remember saying something like "if only it's badminton or jogging".

So I walked through that field that's vaguely similar to my primary school's, in those leaden steps, slow and sluggish.

And then a dog came running towards me and playfully nibbled my left hand. It's not an attack, it's not painful, just holding on without breaking skin, though the dog did have the whole of my left palm in its mouth.

All of the sudden I had a rolled up book in my right hand and I tapped the head of the dog lightly so it let go of my left hand and went running away in a playful manner, running a big circle before it came back to nibble my left hand again.

I remember feeling a bit yucky of the saliva on my left hand. I tapped the head of the dog and it went running away again.

It repeated two or three times before I noticed a different dog running towards me to nibble my left hand. Unlike the first dog, which I couldn't recall the look, somehow I noticed this second dog to be different to the first and remember it being a well cared for dog. Clean, nice fur, and all that.

It had my left hand whole in its mouth as well and I had to tap its head before it let go and went running circle as well, but I woke up after that.

So, anyone who knows how to interpret dreams? ^_^


2 comments:

江边鸟 said...

my interpretations are:
- your anti-social nature reflects in your dream that you thought your friends wasn't welcome you...
- Saliva = wet; dogs like your smelly hand; so the left hand in dream actual means some other part of you that could get wet and smelly. I bet you were using your left hand to do the job and left it un-wash before you have this dream!

CK said...

Can always count on you to twist everything to 18sx....

-_-