31 October 2013

How we used to do it...



In the process of looking for an old photo for the homemade birthday card entry, I stumbled upon many other birthday related photos that really took me down a very nice and warm memory lane.

wrapped cubicle as present, with smiley balloons!

Aaaah~ the crazy things we did back then. Fun time. ^_^

Don't play play, whole car wrapped, with ribbon on top!

I was the unfortunate owner of the wrapped car, even though I parked somewhere else from my usual spot.

this is proof of Her Evilness doing the evil deed

I remember it rained on that day and the newspaper printings transferred to the windscreen and body paint, I could read the paper off the windscreen while driving... -_-

even the cubicle got moved

If I remember correctly, this was Operation Sparrow Nest. The whole cubicle got relocated, hehehe.

Sure is a birthday surprise if I say so myself. =P

ooh, the fake number plate

Yea, we tried to confuse the birthday boy by swapping his number plate.

where's my car?

Don't worry, we made sure he didn't drive off with the fake number plate. We are not that evil.

this was a birthday cake for a guy

Aaaah~ Polly's cake. Yes, it's heart-shaped, and yes, it's a feminine take of a guy's name.

I believe this was the beginning of inappropriate expression of dubious office relationship and/or romance. =P


see what I mean?

There you go, another example of inappropriate expression of dubious office romance. Either for sheer laugh, or trying to mask the true intention as a joke.


the romance continues...

Isn't it just sweet to have these lovely jubbly stuff among your colleague friends? Especially when it's not true.

Either we laugh so hard or we get goose bumps all over and vomit. =P


the return of the wrapped cubicle

Well, everything in the cubicle is a gift, nice isn't it? =P


the early form of homemade birthday card

Here we go, this is the photo I was looking for that started this wonderful journey back in time.

Yes, it says 'bowling queen' on the card.


it's half a bowling ball!

We needed an appropriate cake for the bowling queen, so we looked everywhere and managed to get this half sphere cake.

We made three holes for the fingers, just like on a real bowling ball, of course. =P


probably not what she had in mind when she wished for a lot of flowers...

Some cards are bigger than others. This one combined the birthday wishes from many to create the 'garden'.

Of course, when asked to create flower, some people would come up with funny stuff...


the happy birthday chain

Another big project. This one with a smiley face on each individual card, plus whatever birthday greetings.

Needless to say the one who received this has many friends. Mutual friends with the person who organised this project, that is.

Nice memories, these. But since we moved to ulu place we have stopped doing this.

Oh well, at least I have started to give out homemade birthday card again recently. ^_^


 

No comments: