24 June 2014

Run Log (October to December 2013)


03 October 2013, Thursday.

Too hot after work, so decided to give up running around the workplace and headed home.

Late evening run towards Straits Quay.

Initially intended to break the 7.5km target, but left lower leg was hurting, so I did 5.01km instead. Took me 39 minutes running nonstop.

Ended strong but it was a slower than usual run.

-----

10 October 2013, Thursday.

Busy watching Running Man in the weekend so I missed the weekend run. =P

Had to pick up parents on Tuesday so missed that run as well.

It's rather hot after work today so I came home instead of my usual run around the workplace routine on Thursday.

Ran the Straits Quay route after sunset instead, 6.51km nonstop in 49 minutes.

Ended okay, not a bad run but still haven't hit my 7.5km target.

Oh well.

-----

15 October 2013, Tuesday.

Skipped the weekend run again.

Ran a new Straits Quay route today to get more distance. Did 7.81km nonstop in 55 minutes.

Finally broke the 7.5km target, felt good.

-----

22 October 2013, Tuesday.

Plenty of rainy evenings recently, and many lazy days too. =P

Anyway, missed a few runs and finally got my lazy arse out today, the frustration and stress from work helped.

Did a modified Straits Quay route from last week, ran 8.58km nonstop in 58 minutes.

Ended tired but happy.

-----

12 November 2013, Tuesday.

Two weeks without training, and just recovered from sickness.

7.63km nonstop in 56 minutes, Straits Quay route.

As soon as I stopped at a junction to let the cars pass, I couldn't start running again. My legs simply turned to jelly.

Oh well, this was the last run before Sunday's bridge marathon. Really just want to find out what condition I am in after two weeks without run and fresh from sickness, so I am psychologically prepared.

-----

17 November 2013, Sunday.

Bridge Marathon. The day.

First few minutes after the announcement of run start was edging step by step within the human wall towards the starting arch. The number of participants was just... mind blowing.

Besides having to dodge people constantly throughout the run, it was really just like another run for me. Guess those trainings did work.

Ran nonstop for 1 hour and 15 minutes, and according to Nike+, I covered 10.35km.

Got myself a medal for finishing in the time limit. I could have covered more than 2km in the time it took me to get a cup of 100+, meh!

Since it started to rain after I got my drink, I decided to leave.

And that's that.

All the trainings since May have built up my stamina for 10km, still undecided if I will continue running. Will be good to keep the stamina I suppose.

-----

02 December 2013, Monday.

Had to be in Penang site in the afternoon so I couldn't go to my regular Monday badminton session.

So I went running instead. First run after Bridge Marathon.

I would like to do 10km in an hour, so I ran faster than usual today...

... and kaput after 2.63km, heh. =P

But at least I got the speed about right, worked out to be around 9.8km/h for that 2.63km, I need to be running 10km/h or more.

Oh well, perhaps this is not the way to train for speed, especially after a break in the running routine.

Had to slow to walking for a while before I ran at a more comfortable pace, but just for a further 1.33km since I already fatigued myself. Damage done I am afraid.

Oh well, hopefully this is the start of a new routine.

-----

21 December 2013, Saturday.

Went out with the intention of covering 5km today, and did 3.12km, heh. =P

Did the Straits Quay route and as soon as I reached Tesco I stopped. (slacker point +1)

Took me 22 minutes, hmm... running a bit faster than usual. My comfortable speed is around 8.3km/h.

Endurance has dropped from the lack of regular running, and there is no motivation to run.

Oh well.

-----

Posting this after so many months have passed, slacker point +1 ^_^



No comments: