13 December 2014

Budget approved, part deux


Home finance minister approved budget for card and board games purchase at the end of October.

I think of it as buying myself, to date, the most expensive birthday present ever and I have finally got all the games as of Tuesday this week.

*happy* ^_^

new toys! Seven games and two expansions

Qwirkle and Gold Mine are bought primarily for family gaming sessions, they are suitable to play with the little monsters. Perhaps Alhambra too, though I bought Alhambra not with the kids in mind but because I like the game.

Sketch it! is my answer to the annoying die mechanism in Pictionary. Now this is a game that really rewards player for his or her drawing and guessing skill, not die rolling luck.

In a somewhat similar vein, Libertalia is my answer to Jamaica. Besides getting rid of the die rolling luck that predominates Jamaica, I also like the same starting hand mechanism of Libertalia, so much room for strategy and replayability.

my card and board game collection bought in recent years

Elder Sign is my second cooperative game, the first being Forbidden Island. While die rolling luck predominates this game, it does provide a lot of mechanisms to counter lousy luck. It can have up to eight players and the game mechanics is such that players can drop in and out half way, which is pretty nifty as there are those who like to sit on the fence on game commitment and those habitual latecomers in my regular gaming group.

Saboteur was not on my radar until a friend bought it, I looked it up and like it, so I bought the expansion Saboteur 2 as well. Quick and fun game that can accommodates up to twelve players with the expansion, ten without.

Scoundrels of Skullport is the expansion for Lords of Waterdeep. I love Lords of Waterdeep, so buying the expansion is a no-brainer. It adds the sixth player too.

games bought more than seven years ago, very seldom get played nowadays

Started playing some of the newly acquired games with my regular gaming group, can't wait to play all of them! =D

So many games, so little time. Game on! =P


2 comments:

江边鸟 said...

Elderly Sign is good. Cooperative game suit my non-evil characteristic

CK said...

Time has not been kind on your eyesight, evil person. It's okay, it's a common problem for the elderly.