09 October 2014

Run Log (September 2014)


01 September 2014, Monday.

Replacement holiday for National Day, no work, so no badminton, and so I went running instead.

Was feeling rather frustrated, think I was suffering from a bout of depression, so I decided to do a sprint, as well as to do a check on the random distance generator known as Nike+. =P

Sprinted from one end of the Straits Quay route to the other, felt like dying by the end. Nike+ said I covered 2.8km in 12 minutes. Time seemed right but distance seemed wrong.

Then I walked back along the same route, and this time Nike+ said I covered 2.13km in 21 minutes. This distance seemed more believable.

So I am sticking to the 2.13km in 12 minutes. Unsustainable pace for me, but good to get rid of all the frustration and depression inside.

-----

08 September 2014, Monday.

Slacker didn't run during the past weekend, more due to laziness than because of wanting to boost my slacker extraordinaire reputation really, but anyway... slacker point +1

Did Straits Quay route starting and ending at Island Plaza, today the ever so trusty (not) Nike+ said I did 5.67km in 25 minutes. So I recorded down as 4.26km in 25 minutes, based on the distance last week.

Time was right since I did run faster than usual today, ended okay. Hope I can sustain this pace for the whole 10km.

-----

22 September 2014, Monday.

Departmental teambuilding today. It involved a tummy-building buffet session that made me guilty enough to drag my lazy arse out to run in the evening. =P

Anyway, Straits Quay route, just wanted to run from Island Plaza to Tesco and back, but I ended up out of breath when I got to Tesco.

Really out of shape, still being ill and running too fast didn't help.

Nike+ said I did 1.48km in 12 minutes 18 seconds, but I know it should be around 2km instead. Think I probably should reset calibration on Nike+ and see if that helps. If not, then I will just have to stick to route I already know the distance of.

Oh well.

-----



No comments: