20 January 2015

Run Log (November 2014)


02 November 2014, Sunday.

Sick after the annual dinner on Friday evening, probably because the body got fed up of never winning any lucky draw of any significance, consolation prize doesn't count. =P

Not in the form on Saturday evening, the heart was there, but the body was not up to it. Not wanting to miss a weekend though, I forced myself to run this morning.

Wanted to do 8km with a modified Straits Quay route, I started struggling after 5km. Pushed myself to 7km and stopped after that. 7.07km in 52 minutes, ended weak.

The legs could still go on, but my lungs were like on fire. I hope it's the flu, as I do not have much time left to train, bridge run in two weeks. =\

-----

07 November 2014, Friday.

Was treated to a yummy lunch and ate too much, so I felt guilty enough to go running.

Don't be silly, of course not. Feeling guilty because of eating too much? Pfft! Really, don't be silly! =P

Bridge run is next weekend and I am feeling not quite prepared, so I went running. Did the usual Straits Quay route, just want to regain the confidence as last Sunday's run left me rather insecure.

6.20km in 45 minutes, ended strong, so all is well. This Sunday, given the chance, I will try a longer distance run.

Go go go!

-----

11 November 2014, Tuesday.

Last training before Bridge Run, decided to run longer than usual.

Straits Quay route with an extra lap, did 8.56km in an hour and 3 minutes, ended okay.

Probably could run the last leg to get closer to 10km but decided not to strain myself.

18 runs since June, a lot less compared to last year. Did almost triple the training last year.

Well, this is it then.

-----

16 November 2014, Sunday.

Already posted my experience of the 2014 Penang Bridge International Marathon so I shall not repeat it.

Since I have received my certificate, I will post the official results instead.

According to the official record, my time for 10km was 1 hour 14 minutes 34 seconds, and I ranked 2562 out of 11244, 22.8 percentile.

My official record for 2013 was 1 hour 14 minutes 53.79 seconds, ranked 2724 out of 8330, 32.7 percentile.

So... [sarcasm] an amazing sub 20 seconds improvement! Wow, simply wow! [/sarcasm]

Disgusting. Pathetic. Shameful. >_<

I could have done better, I am fairly confident about that, if not for the massive human wall and obstacle.

Bollocks. Totally put me off the bridge run.

Since bridge run is the only run I am somewhat interested in, well...

-----



No comments: