10 November 2019

An aeroplane a day, part thirteen


Copyright:

LEGO is trademark or registered trademark of The LEGO Group in Denmark and/or other countries.

All original work on this site is copyright C.K. Goh and may not be copied or reprinted without my express written approval.

-----

Workshop: |1| |2| |3| |4| |5| |6|

-----

A week after I did the combinable vehicles, I took them apart and did a next level up.

This time it's vehicles and air-planes that can combine to form a robot.

the sum of all parts...

Shame on me for falling for the same thing my younger son pulled on me, saying he was interested in making this together. But when I took the trouble to picked out all the parts for him to make the second fighter jet that transforms into one of the legs for the robot, he simply said not interested anymore.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

So be it, no good will come from forcing a bonding time on things he is not interested in, and easier for me to build it myself anyway. 

...is a robot made

The feet was just a straight forward modification of the previous project. In fact, the idea of making a combinable robot started from these.

nothing fancy about these cars

I made the legs next, the intention was to make them into fighter jets but somehow when I was done the podracer in Star Wars came to mind.


the rear bottom wings folded down to form a protection for the calf

The lower body was also something I already visualised in the previous project, when the idea of making a combinable robot formed. So it's also another part I modified from the previous project.


this was a tank in the previous project


I did the upper body next, this one took a few iterations. From chest muscles not bulging enough to too much, and balancing took some work so the robot doesn't tip forward or backward, primarily by changing the number of wheels that rotate out.

this one took the longest to make and remake multiple times





Did the head next, and took me a few tries to find a suitable place for it when it's not on the robot. The shield came to be because of this.

initially wanted to mount the head on the upper body vehicle

no easy way to mount the head on that vehicle so made this instead

The arms are the last, initially was thinking along the line of the legs, two separate but identical fighter jets or podracers, but eventually made them one that can split into two.






Robot looks good, another success in my book, heh. ^_^



having wheels on the feet does make it harder to grip for poses

but still funky pose is possible =P

here's one with the shield

  

No comments: