10 March 2013

An aeroplane a day, part three


Copyright:

LEGO is trademark or registered trademark of The LEGO Group in Denmark and/or other countries.

All original work on this site is copyright C.K. Goh and may not be copied or reprinted without my express written approval.

-----

In this series: |part 1| |part 2|

-----

Some time between the making of the last plane shown in part 2 of this series and August 2012, wifey and I decided to mix all the LEGO pieces from all the sets the children have together, and keep them in containers based on their colour.

No longer being constrained by the pieces of a single set, the freedom to create suddenly has a larger rein. Basically, a lot more stuff can be done, and done nicer, with the collective pieces from all the sets. ^_^

So in late August 2012, I made a few fighter jets, colour themed. All in the name of teaching my kids about creativity of course, definitely not because I was indulging the kid in me. No sir. =P

So behold, the white fighter jet!





The red fighter jet!





And the yellow jet!




All the jets had guns and carried two missles as their payload. ^_^

While the kids probably learned nothing about creativity, they played with the jets rather happily. In order to let myself play more show more examples of creativity, I created anti-air tanks to go with the fighter jets.

Well, they were really just wheeled vehicles but I called them tanks, sounds nicer. =P

The blue tank carried anti-air missles!




The green tank carried a huge laser canon and a large calibre gun!




The orange tank had many guns, many!




 Yes, the weaponary on the tanks could swivel and tilt. ^_^

Needless to say, a mock war happened, the kids being the generals of opposing forces. As for me, well, I was the one they came running when they broke something.

So much for creativity lesson...

the heck with creativity, just let me play with them!



Teaser for next in the series: robots!


No comments: