19 February 2013

An aeroplane a day, part deux


Copyright:

LEGO is trademark or registered trademark of The LEGO Group in Denmark and/or other countries.

All original work on this site is copyright C.K. Goh and may not be copied or reprinted without my express written approval.

-----

In this series: |part 1|

-----

A few days ago, I posted a shameless self praising statement on my Facebook status after I created a sleek and sexy LEGO race car.


Building LEGO stuff with the kids is part of the "be a better father" resolution, which I am trying to maintain as a weekly activity. The kids will suggest the thing to build while I have to come up with the design.


The design can't be too complicated because the kids' attention span is limited, also we don't have enough LEGO pieces for three big and complicated sets. Has to be at least three sets since I have to show them, real time, how to build using one set, and the two kids build their own set each.


Anyway, after the shameless self praising, I realised I should share the photos of the race car so others can admire see my creation and praise me for my brilliant creativity.


Then I remembered a series of entries I wanted to post, but haven't got to do... (slacker point +1)


I hope you have not been holding your breath since the previous entry, I kid you not when I said slacker timeline applies. =P


After a quick check of the relevant photos taken, it's probably five more entries of this series before I get to the sleek and sexy race car, oh well. Nevermind, let me show you my other fantastic creations first, hehe! (shamelessness +1)


Enough talking, behold, my LEGO creations!


an aeroplane built from the pieces of LEGO Creator 5866


it can transform into a robot ^_^


This was done back in July 2011, probably when Transformer movie was all the rage. =P


Then three months later, I built these:


pieces from LEGO Creator 5762


a relatively easy build since very few pieces to play with


pieces from LEGO Creator 5866


more pieces to play with so a bigger plane


pieces from LEGO Creator 5764


this one is more challenging since the pieces are for robot


Remember the idea was to teach my sons about creativity, to build something from imagination without refering to any instruction manual. I showed them by example, and had fun while doing so. =D




I know eventually it's not about aeroplane anymore (sleek and sexy race car!) but I like the title, so the series will most likely continue using this title.


Teaser for next in the series: fighter jets and anti-air tanks!



No comments: