14 July 2013

An aeroplane a day, part six


Copyright:

LEGO is trademark or registered trademark of The LEGO Group in Denmark and/or other countries.

All original work on this site is copyright C.K. Goh and may not be copied or reprinted without my express written approval.

-----

In this series: |part 1| |part 2| |part 3| |part 4| |part 5|

-----

Excluding all those childhood creations that I can no longer remember, I built my largest LEGO creation to date in October 2012. It's good to have LEGO blocks again. ^_^

I wonder where my childhood LEGO blocks went? Hmm...

Anyway, in November 2012, His Royal Highness Boy King Hsiang showed me a propeller airplane with wheels and proclaimed that as a flying car.

To me, it's really just a propeller airplane with wheels, but it's important to encourage imagination and creativity so I told him not bad, but we could do better.

And of course, he wanted me to show him.

Flying car eh?

My immediate thought was Thunderhawk from M.A.S.K., a favourite childhood cartoon.

So yea, that's what I set out to make, a car that can transform into an airplane. =)

a race car


I didn't go for a Thunderhawk turn-doors-into-wings design because honestly, it's not aerodynamic and it felt like cheating to copy someone else design. =P

transformation in action!

Besides, I think the wheels look nice as afterburners. ^_^

tada! A fighter jet

with cool afterburners =P

The kids thought it's cool too, and of course, fought each other to play with it until they got bored of it and then completely lost interest.

Oh well.



Teaser for next in the series: finally, father-son bonding sessions that eventually led to the sleek and sexy race car that started this series...


No comments: