09 August 2012

Things that brightened my day


It's always the little things, the simple gestures, that put a smile on my face, a warmth to my heart.

These are the things that had cheered me up in the past few days:


- that kiss on my cheek by my youngest son when I was resting exhausted

- that simple but sincere note of concern after finding out I am under the weather

- that 'get well soon' message in Facebook

- that recognition of my effort while being sick, and that 'get well soon' after I delivered the updates

- that short 'thank you' message for the friendly reminder

- that e-mail telling me my reminder helps and is much appreciated

- that extra step of putting two cans of Coke in the fridge after purchasing them in dozens


It's just fantastic knowing someone cares; invigorating knowing our effort matters and is appreciated; and uplifting knowing I am loved.

I know I am a sentimental person, so I am easily touched (emotional, not physical! But I guess it's not hard to touch me physically, oh well...). But hey I am a simple person, and this is all it takes to make my day. ^_^

Yay for simpletons*! =P



* no kiddies, this is not how we use the term simpleton, even though I am one.


No comments: