04 August 2012

Retail Therapy


Blew through a quarter of my paycheque today in a few hours of shopping. I don't know how those shopaholics stand it, for I am totally in shock now.

This is supposed to be... enjoyable? My feelings are more towards horrifying and mortifying. >_<

But of course, I do not have the luxury of a quarter of my paycheque burning a hole in my pocket screaming to be spent. How nice it would be if I had that amount of money left every month...

Anyway, I used up all the recognitions I received to date to exchange for gift vouchers in a shopping centre. Capitalising on the sales ongoing now, with almost all of the items bought in the 50% discount range, the gift vouchers were able to cover the bulk of the cost.

The actual money paid was slightly less than a couple of hundreds, more in line with the amount we can afford to spend.

Still, my mind is reeling from the total amount of money spent in that shopping spree. It's just... it's just...

Good grief. 0_o

Now I understand what retail therapy means: after the shopping spree, I need to go for therapy!


2 comments:

HoneyBee said...

Spending that much money on so little thing is shocking. Can you imagine how much more we have to pay if it wasn't on sale?

Isn't it nice if we have lots of money?

Retail therapy, I think I don't like this type of therapy either...

CK said...

Maybe we should start buying lottery...