25 August 2012

An aeroplane a day


Back in 4th of January 2011, I wrote this:

An aeroplane a day keeps the slacker entertained?

I am not sure what the readers thought of that statement. No one enquired about it, so it's either they understand, they don't care, or nobody read it at all! =P

Of course it meant something, and I have always intended to expand on that statement.

After writing that entry, I started taking the necessary photos to build up the collection in order to write this entry.

Well, the interest ended on 20th of January 2011, by then I had a sizable collection and got bored of the activity.

Being a slacker, it's not until 30th of April 2011 that I drafted this entry. And being a slacker extraordinaire, the draft never got finished, until now, more than a year after. Slacker point +1.

=P

So what the heck is it?

Well, a few days before the 4th of January 2011, I started building aeroplane out of my sons' building blocks. I would build one after the kids had gone to sleep every night, let them play with it throughout the day, then I would disassemble the blocks and build a new aeroplane the next night.

It's meant to teach my kids about creativity. You know, same building blocks, but many different designs limited only by our imagination.

I am not sure if they got the point, but I do know I had fun coming out with a new design every night. =)

So, behold, here are the aeroplanes! =D












I was thinking about X-wing when I built this









Battlecruiser from Starcraft! =P






These aeroplanes are built from the exact same amount, same pieces of the bluiding blocks.

And if you like these, then you should really stay tuned for the ones I built from LEGO pieces. ^_^

Just don't hold your breath waiting for the entry, slacker timeline applies. =P


No comments: