30 June 2019

Weekend project: chair repair


Ever since I changed department, I no longer have my regular twice weekly badminton sessions.

I got progressively unfit until my chair couldn't stand my weight any more and gave up on me.

At least that's what I think happened to my chair...

chair couldn't take my weight no more!

Anyway, I couldn't stand my own state of unfitness as well, so I started to set myself some resolutions, hopefully to get myself back into shape.

As in, that good old flat rectangular shape instead of the rectangular with a lumpy spare tyre shape. =P


When I do my after dinner walks around my condominium compound, I passed by the area where the residents disposed of their unwanted furniture.

I have been keeping an eye out for a suitable chair seat replacement, which I finally spotted one yesterday.

reusing the parts except the seat, which I found a solid wood replacement

So, today I got busy repairing my broken chair. =)

Took me a couple of hours and some extra efforts due to bad planning and additional idea.

I cracked that good, I am heavyweight! =P

Didn't plan to reuse the cushion initially, was just going to buy some cushion to put on top of the seat.

But then why not? So ended up cutting open the old seat to get the sponge inside, and wifey put it inside an old t-shirt and tada! New cushion for my repaired seat.

homemade cushion

After a lot of sweat and elbow grease, got myself a backache and a fixed chair.

done!

Satisfied with my work, but I told wifey that if this one breaks, I am going to throw it away and get a new one instead of repairing.



Other |flickering fling| category entries.

  

No comments: