22 June 2019

Digi prepaid credit losing


If you were like me...

...who doesn't live by being glued to the mobile phone with internet access all day long;

...who doesn't need a data plan because not connected to the net while driving, eating, or meeting friends et cetera is of no concern;

...who can handle any waiting time without relying on a mobile phone, a not so ergonomic form factor device;

...who simply doesn't need to be connected to the internet when out and about really;

...who is either a caveman or an elite, a smart or crazy person depending on perspective.


Or simply if you are using Digi prepaid without any data plan, here's a public service to raise awareness based on my own experience.

A few days ago, I noticed I was losing my prepaid credit even though I didn't made calls or sent SMS, so I started tracking it, gather data and making screenshots of my call, SMS, and mobile data usage logs.

When I have enough proofs that something fishy was going on, that I was losing RM0.50 daily with no call, no SMS, and as default with my mobile data, GPS and Bluetooth off, a call to the Digi Customer Helpline exposed the culprit.

For some reason that the Digi person could not give me a satisfactory answer to, Digi turned on what they called an old internet option called the "internet payu", which cost RM0.50 per day.

Digi has since refunded my credit, but still could not give me a satisfactory answer as to why this internet plan was activated and my direct question of how to ensure this will never happen again.

So do be mindful if you are a Digi prepaid user without internet or data plan, that Digi might sneakily activate something, hoping you don't notice it, and hence used up your credit so you will have to reload more frequently.

Yea, until they give me a satisfactory answer, I am just going to assume it's their dirty trick.


On a related note, there are many Digi prepaid data plan options, I am not advertising for Digi since they didn't pay me and I am not too happy about them right now, so let me just said that Digi prepaid users can have data plan whenever you need it, with different quota and duration to suit your need.

So don't feel that you need to subscribe to a monthly data plan scheme for the "just in case" moments.

I hope this will be useful to someone, but I also hope that it will never happen to you.



Other |hyped up heads up| category entries.


No comments: