26 October 2012

Slacker in Hiding


Slacker extraordinaire's (that's me) online presence is somewhat scant these few days, especially if you rely on my work IM and e-mail to reach me.

Not that I am slacking (wish that I am...), it's simply because whenever I go into the floor, I  left my laptop locked in the lab. And if I am not with my laptop, I won't be available on my IM or to reply e-mails.

Not that I have been prompt in replying e-mail anyway, hehe. =P

Suiting up for the clean room floor is troublesome enough, I just can't be bothered to bring along the laptop, having to wipe it down everytime. Plus I am most likely glued to the machine or busy with hands on stuff anyway and have little to no time for laptop. So why bring it in just to leave it untouched?

When I am not in the floor, I am most likely in the lab, and unless I am not doing hands on stuff, I won't be in front of my laptop. So again, no online presence.

So catch me online if you can, but don't be surprised if you can't.

That's during working hours, by the way.

Late afternoon 'meeting hours', and then the after working hours, you will have a higher chance of catching me online, especially if you are on my Live Messenger list. If you are relying solely on the work IM, well, I am going to let you in on a secret... =)

After 'meeting hours' and working hours, as long as I am not out for dinner and stuff, I am usually online on the work IM, just that I will set my status to appear offline. ^_^

So yea, my colleagues who are working on Malaysia time zone, it has crossed my mind, many times, to send you all the kia jiak group conversation during your lunch hour, hehe. =P

But I have resisted the urge thus far. So I guess I am in hiding, kind of.

This is of course, just applicable while I am being a bangla overseas. Though when I am in Malaysia, I am also in the lab or floor more often than I am at my cubicle...

Oh well. *shrug*

But in Malaysia, I am truely offline on work IM after working hours!


No comments: