11 October 2012

Meeting expectation


Had a temperature and feeling chilly, so I came home after lunch yesterday.

Went to the clinic on the way home, while the doctor was taking my temperature she asked me some questions trying to determine the source of my fever.

When she looked at the temperature reading, she did a small double take and showed me: 39.4 degree Celsius. So that's why I was feeling so rubbish.

"That's really high. You went to work?" She gave me an incredulous look.

"Erm... yea. It wasn't so bad this morning." I answered rather lamely.

Truth to be told, I was rather surprised myself. Usually if I hit the 39 degree Celsius threshold I would be bedbound already. And to think that I just drove one hour from ulu place to the clinic... 0_o

Apparently, the doctor thought so too, that I should be bedridden with that kind of temperature. She gave me some medical advice and recommendations and sent me home to rest with two days worth of medical leave.

So here I am, bedbound since I got home yesterday and most of today, meeting the expectation of being a zombie-like invalid that one with high fever should be. You know, instead of going to work and drive long distance.

Late yesterday evening, when I wasn't in a fog or blurriness and when wifey came to check on me (she was out when I got home), I noticed that she had cut her hair to shoulder length.

"You cut short your hair, so that's why I am sick." I half-joked.

"If I cut even shorter, you would..." She left it trailing.

"Yea, I probably would have died."

And it's not until this afternoon, when I finally left my room and went to the well-lit lounge that I noticed not only had she cut short her hair, she had dyed it as well.

Why oh why!?!?!!

So, that's why I am so sick. =(


2 comments:

HoneyBee said...

有咩?
Is this really the reason you are so sick? Maybe I should do another surprise haircut again just to verify that... :P

munytang said...

fuuny lah u 2.