26 June 2012

In Hindsight


As part of the departmental Sports Carnival, yesterday and today were the foosball event.

I joined solely for the lucky draw, which is eligible for participants only. The first prize is an Ultrabook you see, and I really want one for my wifey.

Hey, at least I am honest! =P

Nelson, who's in the same group, who signed me up in the first place saying we would be a team, 'aeroplaned*' me yesterday. But I stuck to it, for the Ultrabook, of course. =P
* gave me the slip

I partnered with another teammate, who is good in foosball, and let my 10% skill plus 90% luck carried us through two straight wins. The second team of our group, the mixed double, performed admirably winning two straight games as well so our group got into foosball final, which happened today.

Nelson was there today, the group decided to stick with yesterday's pairing for the first two teams since it worked quite well. I was in the first team, so Nelson ended up in the third team.

With the skill of my teammate and my sheer dumb luck, we won the first match in two straight games. Nelson, probably bought by our opponent team since they have pretty ladies in their team, tried his damnest to distract me during my play.

Our group lost the second match, the mixed double match so the third team was up. Nelson in action, and had the pressure of deciding the outcome. My chance to revenge, muahahaha!

Only I didn't. Not that I didn't want to, mind you, it's because I lack Nelson's nonsense talking skill. =\

And I wanted my group to win also lar...

During Nelson's play, his mobile phone rang, he looked at the caller and passed the phone to me, asked me to talk to 'Ayam' (Malay for chicken). Which I did, all nice and proper, informing Ayam about Nelson's situation.

In retrospect, I should have cracked some jokes instead. Guess I am just not a quick-witted person, oh well. Anyway, here are the jokes in hindsight:

"This is Nelson Tan, the God of Birds voice mail, recorded using the irresistible sexy voice of CK Goh, please leave a message after the tone. *Beep!*"

"You have reached Nelson Tan, the God of Birds' answering machine. Press one for English, press two for chicken language, press zero to speak to a real person."

"*buuck buuck buuck buuck buuck...*" (random chicken sound)

=P

Oh, our group won the foosball event, woohoo to sheer dumb luck! =P

 

No comments: