01 June 2012

Sudden Peace


I took two days off, making it an extra long weekend in addition to the replacement holiday for Agong's birthday.

According to the tag the FedEx employee left on my door the past two days, the delivery was attempted around 13:10 hours, on both days. Today* will be the last delivery attempt.

So I left the door open while I had my simple fried egg and bread lunch near to 13:00 hours. When I was done with lunch, cleaned and washed up. The delivery hasn't heppened.

I took a can of chilled Coke from the fridge and went out to the corridor. The wind was howling, the dark clouds were closing in.

In fact, light drizzle fell onto me when I was out there, but I didn't mind it. It's not going to kill me.

Then all of a sudden I felt a sense of peacefulness. There outside my front door, with the wind blowing, light rain falling, and sipping my chilled Coke.

Just like that, tranquillity. My mind wandered and imagined myself besides a quiet beach.

Which is quite ironic as I was facing the graveyard hill.

Just as I was thinking how nice it would be if I was really at a secluded beach, with wifey, just the two of us, without the kids, without care and just enjoying the peace and quiet, the noon time prayers broke my reverie.

Bummer. If I ever got the chance to go on such a break, it must be a place without mosque.

Anyway, after I finished my Coke with no FedEx personnel showing up, I came home, closed the door, and wrote this entry. I am done now, it's 14:00 hours and still no delivery.

Oh well.



* this entry was written on 31st of May 2012, but I had reached my self-imposed 11 entries per month limit in May so this entry will be posted in June.


No comments: