08 January 2010

Scared leh?


Had my MyVi serviced today, another 10,000 km logged.

Changed the engine oil and oil filter. The air filter was replaced as well, apparently I haven't changed it since I bought the car and it's all grey and fluffy, not sure if it can simply be cleaned instead of replaced but I got a new air filter anyway, it's clean and white!

The battery fluid, coolant, and wiper water just needed some minor top up since I checked those recently. The mechanic informed me that the brake fluid and transmission fluid do not need changing or topping up yet.

Car felt more responsive and a tad more powerful after the service, of course it could just be a psychological effect. =)

So watch out all you impatient (and rude) drivers who like to follow way to close to the others, I can now accelerate faster so you cannot follow me so closely liao.

After the service I no longer go from 0 to 80 km/h in 30 seconds, I can do that in 29.5 seconds!

Scared leh? =P




Had a discussion with friends recently about ron95 not giving me the mileage of ron97 and one of them said I have to drive like a ron95 driver when using ron95 instead of driving like I am using ron97. Something about I should accelerate slower and drive slower on the highway.

Since I think I drive reasonably fuel-efficiently (slow down gradually, no sharp acceleration, etc.), I went and timed my acceleration from 0 to 80 km/h a few times when I stopped as the first vehicle at a traffic light and get around 25 to 30 seconds, counting in my head and not using a stopwatch so it may be a bit off.

Still, 0 to 80 km/h in 25 seconds is pretty darn slow enough, I don't think I want to go any slower. And I stick to speed limit +/- 5 km/h on the highway, I don't want to go any slower and lengthen the 1 hour+ journey, thank you very much.

2 comments:

江边鸟 said...

geng ar~ counting in head can give 0.5s accuracy ~ hahaa...

so you study concludes that even if we are driving in "ron95-way", ron95 is still not giving the mileage of ron97 does?

CK said...

First of all, no real study done so far, I am a patient person who will wait the three months worth of data before I analyse them.

Secondly, there is no such thing as "ron95-way" or "ron97-way" for me, there is only "the CK's way"! =P

However I do wonder if after servicing the mileage will go up? I have noted the date the service is done and will compare the data before and after.