31 January 2010

Diary


This is how my day was a few days ago.

06:55 hours: Wakey wakey, blurrily turned on laptop and connected to company's network. Noticed that there was indeed a 07:00 hours meeting. Don't you just hate those meeting organiser who doesn't have the courtesy to send out the agenda or cancellation at least 12 hours before the meeting?

07:00 hours: dutifully called into the meeting. Assigned to attend this meeting by my second boss. Only a single topic today and not relevant to my department, didn't bother to write my usual summary e-mail to the team.

08:05 hours: meeting ended. Showered and commuted to ulu place.

09:20 hours: arrived office. Docked, locked, and booted up laptop, nothing super duper urgent so it's breakfast time. Only Nelson wasn't in yet so I headed over to beg and plead two colleagues for the information I need for the oh-my-goodness-we-are-so-behind-schedule project. Think to get rid of me bugging them I finally got what I wanted, well, kind of. Everyone has limit, after a certain threshold I got to talk to the hand.

10:00 hours: Nelson finally arrived and ready for breakfast. Think the two colleagues must be real relieved I finally left them alone.

10:20 hours: back to my cubicle trying to figure out how to share information that was told not to be shared, yet must be shared else nothing gets done. Back to bugging the colleague and he kindly showed me how to make the not-sharable sharable. Went back to my cubicle and got it done and went to bug the colleague yet again for his approval on the not-sharable now made sharable.

11:50 hours: "go go go makan" message popped up in IM. Darn, noon already? I still had this, that and those to go through, sort out, and deal with ler. Time not enough.

12:00 hours: Nelson didn't have too many IM conversations today apparently, he was ready to go to lunch. Think him being in the toilet and we got him to move towards cafe after his "business" instead of let him got back to his cubicle helped.

13:15 hours: why incoming e-mails never end?

13:55 hours: darn, have to go! Have to go! Why nobody at the receiving store? Guess have to wait till tomorrow to collect my loaner chip.

14:05 hours: left ulu place, heading home.

15:05 hours: home, father said good to go after a shower. Booted up laptop and tried to clear a few e-mails while waiting.

15:20 hours: chauffeur duty, drove father to airport.

16:30 hours: bloody idiot parked at my reserved parking lot, security failed to stop the offender in the first place, then being incapable of locating the offender. After 15 minutes I gave up and parked right behind the mover's lorry. If you want to get out of MY parking space, come see me so I can give you an earful.

17:00 hours: idiots came apologising to wife and mother, was discussing work with boss on IM during that time, so I went down to move the car a few minutes later. Bastards had the gut to show dark faces, was too busy to get back to work to give them an earful.

18:20 hours: ridiculously heavy rain and thunderstorm, a few consecutive lightnings convinced me to stop working. Shut down and unplugged the laptop, can't afford to pay the company if a lightning strike fried it. Don't have surge protector ler.

18:40 hours: entertain king#2 while reading newspaper while wife fed king#1 and then had her dinner.

19:15 hours: dinner time, by that time everyone was done so I dined alone, as usual. Sad.

20:00 hours: done with everything downstairs so got king#1 upstairs, showered him.

20:20 hours: king#2 was giving wifey a hard time so my turn to cuddle him till he sleeps.

20:25 hours: trouble brewing between king#1 and wifey so I brought king#2 to my room while the thunderstorm erupted in the other room.

20:40 hours: wife gave up and came to my room. My turn to be "good cop", went to handle king#1, who was wailing at top of his lung. Good thing king#2 has fallen asleep.

20:42 hours: king#1 vomited from excessive crying, wifey got him changed and got him back to the room for the aftermath rebonding. I cleaned up the mess on the floor.

21:00 hours: took my shower.

21:10 hours: went to have a few words with king#1, kissed him goodnight, and took over king#2 from wifey so she could go take shower. King#2 has woken up again.

21:30 hours: wifey ready and took over king#2, fed him. I returned to my room and noted down the events today, will flesh them out and tidy them up for posting some other day.

2 comments:

江边鸟 said...

I think Nelson should be grateful ~
cozs you remember him well in your day, after your family and work... hahahaaa

CK said...

Whenever there is a gating factor, one automatically thinks of Nelson...