13 January 2010

Cocks


Today's topic is about cock, the stuff that we love to play with, male and female alike.

Some people are gentle with it, some are tough. Some play it fast and hard, some play it long and to the limit. Though for maximum performance, it's really about skill.

The secret is in the wrist, a good, nimble wrist.

Me? I just want to sweat it. It's good exercise, really.

Anyway, I am seeking advices and recommendations from people who play with them a lot, for the cocks I played with recently didn't last as long as they used to be ten years ago.

image source

I bought the exact same shuttlecocks leh, they used to be more durable ten years ago then the two dozen I bought recently. Is it common practise for manufacturer to increase cost while decrease quality nowadays?

Cost RM34.60 a dozen from Young Ones, the shuttlecocks are not exactly cheap at RM2.90 each. However thier durability is rather disappointing so I am looking for better quality shuttlecocks and welcome any recommendations.

Come on cock badminton players, come help each other out! From your experience, what is a good shuttlecock brand, what's the usual price and where can we get them?

As a contribution to the brother-and-sister-hood of cock badminton players, I like to advice you all to avoid the Green RCL shuttlecocks shown above. I just bought the following shuttlecocks and will see if they are better, I will post again (if I remember to) when we have played with them.

image source

Sea Lion 1130, RM43.80 a dozen from Young Ones, that's RM3.65 each

image source

RCL Master, RM45.80 a dozen from Young Ones, that's RM3.85 each

2 comments:

Chew KW said...

Either your skills had improved or the quality of "Cocks" had gone down.

CK said...

Skill? What skill?

=P

So I guess it's the quality of the cocks that had gone down.