12 February 2024

Cave mode on


Wifey and the kids are on their way to the in-laws'.

Visiting the in-laws during Chinese New Year and stay for a few days is something we do annually, but this year I have opted out of celebrating Chinese New Year.

To be honest, I don't really know the exact details of what to do and what not to do, mommi had always been the go to person for our enquiry on culture, custom and tradition stuff, but it's her passing last May that I am observing the no celebrating Chinese New Year now.

Information online regarding this varies, from 100 days to 3 years, and various to do and not to do. I am not sure which to follow, and have decided to stay in and not involve in any merry or celebration stuff for the first 100 days, to opt out of celebrating the first Chinese New Year, and not wearing any merry colours for at least one year.

The last few years before mommi's passing, I had been saturated with the sense of helplessness, seeing her deteriorated and unable to do anything about it... So I shall do whatever I can now.

I don't think losing a parent is something we get over with, or something we will ever forget. It's probably just something we live with as best as we can.

Anyway, if not for pappi being home, it would have been another entry of the home alone series. So not home alone, but definitely entering cave mode.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: