18 February 2024

Break is ending


Took 2.5 days of annual leave, coupled with the 2 days replacement holidays, I got a total of 8.5 days of break for Chinese New Year.

It's coming to an end, resuming work tomorrow.

Absolutely not looking forward to it, but this is life.

It has been peaceful and quiet in the house, after wifey and kids went to the in-laws', and with dad and I being the stay-in-room mind our own business kind of person.

But I am severely hug-deprived. This is very unhealthy for me.

What made it worse is that I am watching a Korean reality show about romance and relationship, and instead of the lovely jubbly sweet sweet feelings that draw me into watching this kind of shows, this particular season is downright saddening.

This is when being an empathic person is not such a good thing, I feel the frustration, the hurt and the pain deeply. I know there can't be happy ending for all the cast members, but there is always one or a few who I am more aligned in values, principles and beliefs, who I would root for, who I hope their love would blossom.

But alas, this season there are too many crisscrossed signals, missed signals, and even false signals. Really hate fake people with their misinformation. So what started as a hopeful sweet relationship got shattered, causing so much pain and hurt to the people involved. And to me, so I guess I am too emotionally involved.

This is when I really need to hug wifey, but she is not here...

So my break is ending, and it seems break is also the ending for the reality show. So sad.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: