05 February 2024

0.42 days burned


After working too long more than five years with the company, I am getting 20 days of annual leave every year.

So that's 1.67 days added to my leave balance every month.

The leave balance is capped at two times the annual leave amount, so for me the maximum I can have is 40 days.

The 1.67 days is added to the balance on the first day of the month, anything above the maximum limit will be forfeited. In other words, anything in excess of the limit will be irrecoverably lost.

For years I have watched this balance carefully, because to me, these days of paid annual leave are hard-earned through sweat and tears. Paid annual leave is in fact money, anything forfeited is actually a lost of money that could have been paid to us when we leave the company for good.

But I slipped in January, I thought I had at least 1.67 days margin by the end of January, but I didn't. I only had 1.25 days margin, so I lost 0.42 days when the leave balance was updated on 1st of February.

0.42 days burned, so sad. This is simply a waste. Feel so disappointed with myself.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: