31 December 2019

2019 in numbers


Another year gone, going into a new decade.

2019 was a year of heavy workload and many, many overtime, my work/life balance was thrown out of the window. It's also a year of growing distant, getting more and more disconnected from family and friends.

Here's hoping 2020 will see some improvement, but honestly not holding my breath.

Anyway, 2019 numbers...


125 blog entries, this is the 12th year in a row. What can I say? I am disciplined, persistent and consistent.

218 days of commute to work recorded, which covered 7893.8 kilometres, giving an average of 36.2 kilometres per day. That's about 36% of the distance compared to when I had to commute to ulu place to work. No complaint here!

19 petrol filling recorded. My one year old Civic is doing an average of 14.5 kilometre per litre of petrol in urban traffic. My ex-MyVi was doing 15.8 kilometre per litre, but that's a mixture of about 70% highway and 30% city traffic.

98 days of worked till overtime-worthy late. More than double the highest of any previous years, and more than quadruple of last year's. This is simply horribly disgustingly shameful! My slacker extraordinaire reputation is totally ruined. This new department is definitely not conducive to my work/life balance and my health! >_<

8 days of leave taken. First ever single digit day off count, lowest since I started recording this. My goodness, this department is a slave pen!

18 days on business trip. Nope, hate them still.

No more badminton nor tabletop gaming session. My work life is absolutely dull nowadays. Sad. =(

30 novels read, 12.2 days for a book. I probably reread more old novels than I read new novels this year, didn't improve my read rate though, oh well.

42, 15, 12, 10, for my own reference.


Happy New Year dear reader, wish you a healthy and smooth 2020.



Other |hyped up heads up| category entries.


No comments: