19 December 2019

Surprised, or not


Went to departmental annual dinner yesterday night.

Surprised (and annoyed) that I forgot to bring along the gift for the gift exchange. So much for going through all the trouble to get one.

Surprised to find the relatively small number of people. Guess I still don't have a feel of the department size.

Not surprised by my lack of sense regarding the department headcount.

Surprised by the venue chosen for the annual dinner. It's just not suitable in my opinion.

Not surprised by the quality of food. No great anticipation anyway.

Not surprised by my unease and discomfort. It's a social event after all, too many people, too few known well enough.

Surprised that this department usually do annual lunch instead of dinner. It's always dinner in the previous department.

Not surprised I was bored and wishing to be home soon after I was done eating.

Not surprised I didn't get any lucky draw prize.


And not surprised that I am sick today. Haven't been feeling well ever since returning from business trip. The travel stress and work stress finally caught up.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: