02 December 2019

Lack of clothes


All the declines and rejects were in vain, one of the managers said they insist that I go, so I am going on a business trip.

Tiring stuff, business trip. To me, at least.

And unproductive too, taking me away from my workstation is just making me inefficient.

It's not like I am very free, I have way too much on my plate and not enough time to do them as it is, I really don't need a business trip for face to face meeting to take away even more of my work time...

I see little point in complaining, so I unhappily disagree but commit. I am still a responsible person after all, if the manager thinks that is duty call, then so be it.

Insufficient budget for a last minute trip where everything is more expensive booking so late. Before the trip begins I already know I have exceeded the budget.

Manager informed to pack enough clothes for the whole trip, as laundry is expensive there.

Believe it or not, that actually is a problem for me, for I don't have enough reasonably presentable clothes for the whole duration of the trip.

Here in home site I got by by wearing the various washed-faded company t-shirts, in addition to the more presentable t-shirts I have.

Which is not many, I last shopped for clothes three years ago. That's when I last went to The States. So my 'newest' t-shirts are at least three years old.

Can't believe I am saying this, but I don't have enough clothes.

Somehow the image of women with a few wardrobes full of unworn or single-wear-only clothes popped into my mind...



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: