02 January 2019

First entry


First entry of 2019, let me try to make it a positive and cheery one.

No promise, I am the grumpy old man after all. =P

And while a recent online article indicated that I am a very positive person, I often feel that I am full of negative energy, so...

Whatever.


Got my cubicle to myself today, yay! No more sharing with the contract worker, and the surface was cleared of everything. Clean start. =)

They also came and changed the incorrectly spelled cubicle name tag, so finally the name is spelled as my parents intended it to be.

Though I still don't have the key to the cabinet locker but hush! No negative stuff!


I actually went and sat with the other colleagues in the cafe this morning, despite already had my breakfast before that. Small talks and mostly listened, I am a listener after all, but hey, I went to a social thing with strangers.

Crazy or what? =P

Of course I don't remember any of the names, goldfish memory for the win!


I started to get tied in into stuff and got things assigned to do, woohoo!

Nothing major yet, more like getting me sorted with the relevant laptop and software, and getting to know the project, but at least it's a start!

While I have no qualm reading up on stuff that I think is relevant, which may or may not actually be relevant to the project, and I still have many subjects I want to read, I am also eager to start getting involved.


Tomorrow, I will start to bring stuff to my cubicle, and do a proper cable management.

Then go bug the colleagues if they haven't sent me the project material.

One step at a time, go go go!



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: