12 January 2019

Efficiency


Took me an hour and forty five minutes to get home last Friday. Unacceptable.

Granted I had to go pick up my son and there was an accident on the bridge that caused the traffic all the way back to the industrial zone, but still, that was a freaking long time for 18 kilometres distance.

Seriously, could have driven to Ipoh in that time.

Complaining about it would achieve nothing though, so I changed my working hours earlier again this week.

I was doing 07:30 to 17:00 hours last few weeks, this week I changed to 07:00 to 16:30 hours.

Time from home to work is still around 25 minutes, but the average time from work to home has reduced from 50 minutes to 36 minutes.

More importantly, the frustration level has reduced significantly, and that's immeasurable.

On the days I have to pick up the children, guess I will just wait there instead of in the office, so I can be away from the industrial zone choke points before the traffic starts to build up.

Probably means I will be wasting some productive time waiting but at least I can avoid the frustration.

Still a win in my book.

Only hope I can sustain this, but figured that when the work load starts building up, leaving at 16:30 hours may not be feasible.

Oh well, will see.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: