16 January 2019

"Noble people"


Instantly understood if I wrote this in Chinese, but I don't feel like writing a Mandarin entry today so I shall use the term I learned from Joey Yap's BaZi series of books.

"Noble people" (贵人), someone who helps you, your benefactor (usually does not mean in material or monetary terms), someone who makes life easier for you.

I started getting names of colleagues to reach out to for sharing and guidance regarding this new role in the new department, and one on one meetings are gradually happening this week.

Had two thus far, both pleasant, both beneficial, and both ended with me filled with gratitude.

Thermal engineers unite! =P

Goodness knows we are few enough.

Really glad to have friendly and helpful colleagues willing to share, guide and teach. Restored my faith in humanity somewhat.

Let's say I am cautiously optimistic. (Jeez I am such a gloomy pessimist...)

Also glad to find out that all that studying in the past few weeks had been the right move, for I don't sound like a complete idiot and can actually have meaningful discussion with the colleagues. I did my homework right, hehe!

Felt good. =)

Really grateful to these colleagues, hence decided to write about it.

Will give them recognition when it's over, of course, to show my appreciation and really, that's just good manner.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: