31 December 2018

2018 in numbers


Another year gone.

2018 was a year of big changes.

Mom's rapidly deteriorated condition, and the scare. Civic, nursing home, huge expenses and financial burden. The ever changing job roles, and finally the plunge.

Things lost, things that never will be, and unwanted things that happened.

Can only hope 2019 will be a better year, but deep down I sensed that it will not be.

*Sigh...*

Anyway,


125 blog entries, no surprise there. This is the 11th year in a row. It's called consistency and discipline.

185 days of commute to ulu place recorded, which covered 18445.2 kilometres, giving an average of 99.7 kilometres per day. Guess I have found a shorter distance route compared to last year. Since I have changed department and now working in Penang island, this will change for next year.

37 (MyVi) + 9 (Civic) petrol filling recorded. My ex-good old 11.5 years MyVi was doing an average of 15.8 kilometre per litre of petrol. Good car, that MyVi, consistent performance all these years it served me. Based on limited data, the Civic is doing 16.0 km/l, will see what the mileage becomes next year, with primarily horrible city traffic.

23 days of worked till overtime-worthy late. Least for the past five years, fantastic!

16 days of leave taken.

67 badminton sessions attended, out of 73 that happened (while I was still working there). 91.8% attendance rate, one of the highest attendance rate since I started the badminton session nine years ago. I will miss the badminton sessions...

40 tabletop gaming sessions held, highest since I started TTG in 2014. A combination of 17 board and card games (including expansions) played. I will definitely miss these...

28 novels read, slightly better than last year but I have primarily been rereading Forgotten Realms novels. 13.0 days for a book, was really hoping I can get back to about 10 days for a book, oh well.

41, 14, 11, 9, for my own reference.


Happy New Year dear reader, wish you a good and healthy 2019.



Other |hyped up heads up| category entries.


No comments: