29 December 2018

The plunge (5)


So, one week at the new job.

I was thinking of posting something like "I survived my first week..." and joke about getting a "I survived" t-shirt, that sort of things.

But then I figured that would probably send a wrong message, since it's really a very quiet and uneventful week.

After all, it's a four days week with many colleagues out on year end holiday.

Even knowing that it doesn't matter what we put in it, that the management has decided beforehand and it's just about the formality of going through with the process, I still spent three days writing my annual performance review.

Oh well, I am a perfectionist and I had nothing better to do...

As usual, first thought that popped into my mind was 'I can lift 20kg' when it came to writing about my strengths, hehe. =P

Still don't know what I am suppose to do in this new role, asked the manager to plug me in and link me up with the relevant people. He did, but the colleague he linked me up with is out.

So after I was done with the write-up, I spent the day viewing and learning stuff on Wikipedia. Stuff that I hope is relevant to the new job.

And the more I read, the more I realised I need to read up on. Internet is a dangerous place! =P

I probably should put in some effort to get to know the teammates, but the antisocial trait is still winning thus far, oh well.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: