03 December 2018

The plunge (3)


So, I clicked the "I Acknowledge Acceptance" in the job offer letter at 08:15 hours on the 28th of November 2018, Wednesday.

This is it, no turning back.

And I haven't even discussed the transition plan with my manager. Oh well.

Then again, the disappointment with the management is one of the causes of my decision to leave the department.

To me, it all went downhill since the reorganisation in August 2016, when the management merged the local process/hardware team with the software team and all to report under the software group.

The misalignment with the group objective started since, and despite the many dialogues with the management, nothing changed.

There is this saying about when we are subjected to a significant change: first we should try to accept it, if we can accept it, then good, end of story. If not, then try to change, either change it to what we want, or change ourselves by adapting to it. If we cannot make the change happen, then as the last resort, leave.

So in short: "If cannot accept, change. If cannot change, leave."

Here I am, after two years of trying to change, choosing to leave because I just don't see a future staying.

I have more to say, but I am suddenly hit with lethargy and profound sadness, so I will write more on this topic some other day.

All I have now, is a long, heartfelt sigh.



Other |sane side| category entries.


No comments: