08 March 2015

Got 'em!


Coca-cola has special Chinese New Year version of Coke cans, eight version to be precise, each with a unique Chinese character complete with its pinyin as well as its English and Malay translations.

I didn't think of collecting them initially since I only had two out of the eight. But while at the inlaw's I managed to get four more so I was consciously on the look out for the remaining two thereafter.

Wifey managed to get the seventh, so I sent out request on three different WhatsApp groups asking for help locating the eighth.

A few responded, agreed to help keeping an eye out or supplied location where they had seen selling the character I was looking for. None in the group with the largest number of people responded though, hmm...

To those who helped in one way or another, thank you very much! You know who you are. ^_^

As for those who couldn't be bothered, no thanks to you! Call yourself friend huh? =P

Anyway, I finally got the last character today, completing the set. =D


These are the Chinese characters, their pinyin, their English and Malay translations, in that order:

an(1), peace, kesejahteraan
shun(4), smooth (year), kecemerlangan
ji(2), good luck, tuah
wang(4), fortune, rezeki
fa(1), wealth, kekayaan
man(3), abundance, kelebihan
xi(3), happiness, kebahagiaan
fu(2), prosperity, kemakmuran


No comments: