16 March 2015

Mr Trigger Happy


Departmental teambuilding today.

I have always preferred something that actually builds team instead of builds tummy. So, those 'go fancy restaurant to eat then watch movie' kind of activities are meh for me.

Seriously, how does that build team?

Anyhow, today we went for laser tag, something that I have wanted to try for a long time, and it has finally come to my town. =)

Paintball without the paint and pain probably still the easiest way to describe it.

Without the pain also means you don't really know you are hit until your infrared emitter (gun) is temporarily disabled.

Also means that people won't care so much being hit (since they don't feel anything), and can indulge in their personal rendition of Die Hard, Rambo, or whatever movie character who simply can't die. =P

We played three games. Ten minutes each, which is plenty enough for the top scorer to rake up 4400 points, crazy! The most I got was 2000+.

In the first game, fully charged, I was like: "go go go!"

In the second game, adrenaline still pumping, I was like: "let's rush them!"

In the third game, low battery, I was like: "I will just stay here and play sniper..." =P

Totally drenched in sweat when we were done.

Never did score the most or being the most accurate, the two titles to be proud of, in all three games. Though in the second game I managed to snatch the Trigger Happy title, er... it's really not something to be proud of, since it means I missed the most but at least I got something! =P

Play zone was a bit small for my liking, a bigger area would have been more fun. Also a quiet play zone might add some tension and atmosphere, for stealth and such. Loud music masked the footsteps, but I supposed it's good for the "go go go!" type of game.

Nevertheless, I had fun. ^_^

The constant half squat behind obstacles means I am going to be walking funny tomorrow, and probably the day after, as I am already feeling the ache in my thigh muscles.

Ain't young no more. >_<


No comments: