19 October 2009

Worries and Woes


Due to jaundice, His Royal Highness King Baby Young readmitted to the hospital two days after being discharged from birth. We were told that newborn from mother who is of O+ blood type has a higher chance of getting jaundice.

Initially we thought Young would be discharged today since his bilirubin level (actually I am not sure what stuff they test, I just assume it's bilirubin) dropped dramatically yesterday, but it raised slightly today. Doctor said perhaps he has reached the limit of UV light treatment and will have to depend on his lever function now. We will wait another day and see how's the level.

The thing with Young being hospitalised is that I have to chauffeur wifey to and fro hospital every few hours since we insist on breast feeding. We saved all the expressed milk for the night to cut down on the night time hospital trips.

Even so, I think the parking cashers of all shifts are probably saying "this guy again" whenever they see me. I have honestly lost count of the number of times I have been to GMC these few days.

Being a light sleeper and a worrier, with only an hour or two of peace and quiet in bewteen stuff like drive to hospital, store expressed milk in the fridge, attend to wifey's need, et cetera, pretty much means I don't get any quality sleep at all. I am a walking zombie, I believe it's the Red Bull that kept me going. Good thing the confinement lady has arrived today, hopefully I will be able to ditch most of the work to her.

I burned another day of my annual leave quota for tomorrow, since the chauffer duty remains. It's either I drive or my wifey drives herself to and fro the hospital. Not really a choice given it hasn't been a week since she delivered Young.

The biggest headache and heartache remains with His Royal Highness King Toddler Hsiang. He is getting ridiculously difficult and disobedient. If he kept this up I would be bursting a blood vessel or two pretty soon. So unreasonable he is and frustrated I am that I am starting to think about stuff in the line of cage, lock, sound proof, instant sleep zapper, human remote control that can pause and mute...

Family matters aside, I am also worried about my work. Last week was supposed to be my solid week of numerical simulations, I have insufficient time to properly sleep as it is, let alone work. So I have done nothing and I have no idea what to write in this month's report.

Bummer.

4 comments:

江边鸟 said...

take care...

CK said...

Thanks, you take care too.

Remember it's business trip, not holiday! =P

PS =! play station said...

加油哦!!!

CK said...

PS, 谢谢你。

我想我应该加 R97,而不是 R95,或许会好点。

=P