20 October 2009

Young


Many have asked about Tze Young's name in Mandarin, truth is I wanted to include that in the previous entry but Microsoft Pinyin IME doesn't have the Chinese character in its vocabulary. So here it is, photo from the good old hardcopy dictionary.

Oh, before that, in case there are people who are uncertain with the pronunciation of the baby's name, well, it's young as in: "I am old but you are young". Not 'yong'.



Surname. A "mouth" on top of a "sky", not sure if it means we Goh talk so loud the whole world can hear or we are so hungry we eat everything under the sky? =P


This is the Mandarin character designated for male children of Young's generation in my Goh family. So Hsiang also has this character in his name. It means wisdom, intelligence.


This is the character for which the Mandarin pronunciation is 'young', it means flying, gliding. And this is Young's name. =) In fact, it has similar meaning to Hsiang's name in Mandarin, so I guess our sons will fly away from us as soon as they are old enough. =P




3 comments:

Phang said...

You still have time to blog? Surprise. Anyway, congratulations. You are now a slave for 2 kings. :) All the best, I think time will passby really soon, before you know it, both YRH will be on the way to college.

PS =! play station said...

nice name :D

CK said...

Phang,

Blogging actually takes relatively short time for me when I write in English and just write whatever flows through my mind, like these recent entries.

It's just like writing diary after all.

Think I have to try my best to not let the younger one treat me as his slave, there is hope yet! =P

---

PS,

Thanks, hopefully he will have a nice life as well (好命). =)