27 September 2009

Random Thoughts


Gluttony

Days ago there was an outing with my colleagues, a team building event.

Much food was consumed, way too much, and there was waste as well, which I feel guilty about.

I abhor waste of any kind, and food is one of those high on the list, since I know somewhere on the globe people are dying of hunger.

Sorry, for I have sinned.

-----

First & Last

Had a karaoke session with some who I had never been to a karaoke together before, and some who were my usual singing buddies.

I surprised myself when I shouted my lungs out in front of those not-so-close-first-time-karaoke-together people.

I guess my skin must have grown thicker, and I must have become shameless. I am not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing? The old me would only embarrass myself singing without a care in front of my closer friends.

Lily broke the news of her resignation to the group, I don't know how the others took it, but for me, at that very moment, the thought that came to me was:

"*sigh* this could be the last time we sing together..."

Another thing that I will really miss.

Sad.

-----

Reunion

Another weekend, another wedding dinner.

Congratulations Woon Meng! You go, girl!

It's always great to have a gathering of my high school friends, the gang of people that was around me in that character defining period of my life, the time when friendship is pure and bonding.

The good old time.

How we have changed over the years, and for some, remain so unchanged.

So many things to write about, but I will only say this to those who are still single and looking for a partner:

Beauty will fade with age, material wealth may come and go, it's really the richness of the character that matters. Go for someone who will care for you, and whom you want to care for, for the rest of your life. Remember that no one is perfect, look is not everything, and communication is the key.

The clock is ticking! =P

No comments: