04 September 2009

Reality Check


Was struggling a bit with the title of this entry, trying to find a single word to form "___ versus Reality" that conveys the contrast between vision/dream/hope/wish and what actually happened/received in reality.

Anyway, since I couldn't think of a suitable word, I just went with "Reality Check".


(1) job & life
Dream
sizzling hot and tantalising cool thermal engineer who's glued to the workstation and does numerical simulation all day long like a geek. Deliver pretty pictures of temperature contour and have a simple stress-free life.

Reality
module engineer, integrator, fetch boy, glorified door opener, unsexy secretary, village idiot, oh, and thermal engineer. Cover mountain cover sea, simple life my arse!


(2) design & manufacture
Vision


Reality



(3) gun & roses
Hope
*pray* it's a girl, it's a girl, it's a girl...

Reality
doctor: "there, it's quite clear it's a boy."
wife: "two children is enough."
wallet: "no money for a third child."
me: "but... but... I REALLY want a daughter..." =(

Me sad.

Let's talk about the other's now.


(4) want & get
Wish
Royal Highness' slave: "what would you like for your birthday?"
His Royal Highness King Toddler Hsiang: "laptop."

Reality



(5) criteria & meh!
Dream
HoneyBee's criteria for partner: tall, handsome, fit, muscular, rich, charming, exciting...

Reality

kanasai!

4 comments:

江边鸟 said...

Dream
I'm sitting opposite of a sizzling hot chick and tantalising cool admin lady in the office...

Reality
kanasai

CK said...

I have the same feeling too...

Wish
have a cute and funny lady colleague as cubicle mate opposite me, don't mind a sexitary

Reality
kanasai!

Phang said...

Virtual + Reality = Virtual Reality.

Then you will have anything you want including who "sits" on your lap.

CK said...

My virtual reality doesn't include who sits on my lap, since I already have the preferred sitting on my lap in real life. ^_^