20 September 2009

Conflicting Emotions


Just got back from Chia Li & Kevin's wedding dinner, so I am experiencing that warm and fuzzy, sweet and romantic, lovely jubbly feeling wedding reception has on people.

Congratulations to you Chia Li, you look fantastic!

I love the slide show you made for Kevin, that's so sweet.

The wedding photos are great, beautiful couple. (Unlike mine where the groom simply ruined everything with his ugliness, bride is fantastic, of course.)

The band of wedding singers were great too, good vocal, appropriate songs.

Gotta mention Kevin's nicely trimmed facial hair, me likey! =)

-----

Earlier in the day I got to play with an adorable baby boy, that filled me with happiness and joy.

Babies, they are just irresistible smiley and laughter generators!

-----

Learned about the resignation of a dear friend.

It didn't came as a total surprise, think somehow I knew it's coming, given the circumstances. But that didn't lessened the shock and impact I felt when the news was delivered.

It's a good thing for my friend really, there are things more important than work, and family is definately one of them. The resignation and relocation will bring the family together, I probably would have done the same if I were in that boat.

It's definately a sad thing for me though. I shall miss my friend dearly, the laughters, the fun, the camaraderie.

The first few colleagues that showed kindness and put in those extra miles to make me feel at ease at work when I was newly hired have earned special places in my heart. You, my friend, is one of them.

I am sincerely happy for you, while at the same time being genuinely sad for the lost.

The office will not be the same without you and I know I will miss you sorely.

No comments: