09 January 2024

Eve of water supply disruption


Tomorrow 06:00 hours onwards, for up to 96 hours, there will be statewide disruption in water supply for some maintenance and repair work.

For my area, the scheduled down time with no water supply is 72 hours. I hope they will at least meet the schedule, better still if they can complete ahead of schedule. Truth is I am skeptical.

Since the weekend I have been storing water in various containers, think I have about 400 litres of water stored at the moment in a few 90L plastic containers that we usually store other stuff in, as well as rubbish bin sized plastic bags in two laundry baskets.

Dad said he has filled up his bathtub, that should last him through the no water supply period.

Later in the day I will fill up all the buckets and pails, and all that remain is to hope the stored water will be enough for the whole family for however long the water supply disruption will be.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: